Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at a 2003 Sable LS Premium. Most of the 2003 LS Premiums I've seen (wagons seeming to be an exception?) have factory white-face gauges. This one does not. Should I suspect the cluster was swapped? Would a 'mismatch' code be stored in the ECM that I can pull with my Autotap if this is the case? Aside from the cluster there's nothing else that would make me suspect the mileage isn't actual...

Thanks, -jz

·
Premium Member
7,307 Posts
The white cluster did not come with the black interior cars as my 03 SEL did not have it either.
I did swap it in though.
I was very lucky to find one from a 2003 Centennial model with the special faces. :)
I might have a lead on another one (but not centennial) if you're interested.

Gauge Vehicle Car Speedometer Tachometer

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Any 03+ SEL Taurus with a beige interior or any 03+ Sable with a beige interior has these gauges. Keep in mind that the gauges that duraSEL has (Centennial set) lack a Low Coolant light next to the theft and belt buckle light. They have the special colored background around the turn signal area and the oil/brake/CEL/doors ajar lights.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info guys - exactly what i was looking for. I do like that Centennial cluster. Is there a proper to swap a cluster with regards to the odometer? Will PATS, keyless be affected at all? Odometer probably doesn't matter much since I'll very likely be driving this car until it's dead, but there's always a chance i'll sell it someday...

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
It's only illeagal to sell to someone, if you neglect to mention what you did to the odometer. You can also just swap the odometers between the two.

No other effects. Swap away as you like.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.