Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Mercury Sable LS sedan
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2003 Mercury Sable with 60,000 miles on it. I currently am having issues with the ABS light on along with the brake light. The brakes themselves work fine. I am figuring that it could be the wheel sensors. Has anyone else in this forum have had the same issue? If so, what was the actual problem and if I have to buy wheel sensors what brand do you recommend?

·
Registered
9,954 Posts
Wheel sensor will only set the amber light. ABS module will set both lights.
Pic of the module. Will not effect the brakes only no ABS activity. Module can be replaced without messing with the fluid part. I got a used one from the JY as in the pic. Also had a front wheel sensor fail. It set a code for no signal from left front. In this case only the amber light.
Replace of the module is a bit of a tedious project.
-chart-

Attachments

·
Registered
2003 Mercury Sable LS sedan
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your help. I guess I will have to go and get one from a JY. How much is involved in replacing it? What is the actual name of the part? I am having my ABS system diagnosed by my mechanic this weekend. Since I already know what the diagnosis should reveal, I will let you know.

·
Registered
22,851 Posts
^ Bosch abs elec. module. As Chart mentioned, you don't have to mess with the hydraulic side. Another option is to remove the elec. half of the module and send it in to a company to be repaired or replaced. Your car is still driveable while waiting for delivery. Iirc, ~$100. The company can be found using the forum seach features.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts