Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just picked up a 2003 Taurus SEL for my wife to drive around town for a year until the kid inherits it next year and the misses gets a new fusion. We would like to replace the radio to one with bluetooth wireless capabilities. I have searched, skimmed and read these and other forums for a couple hours now and realize that having the electronic climate controls makes this a difficult if not impossible affair :wacko:. I was looking at dash kits and ran across this one from metra
Metra Online | Metra Part # 99-5718 | Ford Taurus Dash kit

It claims to fit the 2000-2003 Taurus and does not look that bad. I however, can not find any reviews or anything on it verifying whether this works with the factory controls and such. Does anyone have any experience with this dash kit and can verify that it fits and works the controls? It is $169 so I do not want to order it to find it does not work.

I am also curious if there is any issue getting an aftermarket deck to work since the radio seems to be in pieces scattered about the car. I plan on getting this dash kit and a wiring harness and doing this myself as I have a little bit of experience from my younger years.

Any experiences/advice would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just bought one of those bluetooth speakerphones that clips onto your sun visor at "a major wholesale club". It was 30 bucks. Works quite well and broadcasts to the radio's speakers at 88.1.

It's not capable of voice commands back to the phone however, it's just a fancy mike, speaker, and "karaoke machine" for your phone. But for 30 bucks, that's pretty cheap! If you're only keeping the car for a year and your kid is going to be driving it you may want to consider not having too many distracting gadgets like a bluetooth radio in there for him....

Plus then you can spend the money you saved on a nicer option in the Fusion....

Just my $0.02

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I like what you're thinking there familycar and I had similar thoughts but the wife wants bluetooth and well most of us know that what the wife wants, the wife gets. She drives my 2010 Taurus SHO with sync and won't settle for anything less. We are waiting for next year for her Fusion since she was playing with the new mytouch sync on a new Explorer in the showroom. She will wait until the 2012 year when it will be added to the Fusion to get it. Right now she is driving a 2008 Fusion sport but it does not have sync so we will be trading it in for a new one.

I'll look around some more to find any user experiences on here.

thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts