Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Cliff notes: Car died Friday on the highway after a short drive, I trailered it home that afternoon. It started, but had rough idle. We started it long enough to drive it onto the trailer and then to back into the driveway once we got home with it. I went to start it Saturday evening, thinking it was plugs or wires due to rough idle, and it wouldn't start at all. I pulled off the feed line to the fuel filter and cycled the key and got nothing. The fuel pump also got insanely loud - so much so, my brother-in-law (Rick) asked what that noise was. I've never heard a pump be that loud.

I was talking with another buddy who has an 02 Taurus and he commented about an access panel to get to the pump - is there a such thing on the 03? Or am I going to have to drop the tank?

Thanks for any advice
-Melon

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
There is unfortunately no access panel on any 86-07 Taurus :( A few people have cut a hole in the floor and made their own access panel. You'll have to drop the tank unfortunately.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was afraid of that.

What about the exhaust? Does that have to be dropped? Or does the tank have a clear shot of coming down once the straps are loosened up?

Thanks
-Melon

1 - 3 of 3 Posts