Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2003 Ford Taurus V6 ohv (nonflex fuel)

Car started acting funny for my wife, idling rough and wanting to die. Eventually, the car would just turn over and not start. Brought it to a local mechanic and they said that it was the fuel pump. After replacing the fuel pump and fuel filter the car still wouldn't start. With the key turned to the ON position, there is 12v to the inertia switch. Once you try to start the car the volts drop to 5.29. Did a key on engine off scan and came back with dtc p1235 and p0191. Replaced the fuel rail pressure sensor and the fuel pump driver module and neither have corrected the problem. Another issue we noticed was, when we put a test light on one of the injector connectors, we noticed it would fire intermittently. If you try to start the car the first time the injectors fire, however, if you try to start it again the injectors won't fire. You have to turn the key off and remove it. Once you put the key back and try to start the car the injectors will fire. Not sure if this has something to do with the PATS system but it appears to be working . With the key out the theft light flashes. After turning the key to the on position, the light lights up for about 3-4 sec then goes off. I really don't know what else to do with this car. I don't want to keep throwing money at it... If anyone can offer me any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks, Dustin

·
Registered
191 Posts
Dustin,

if you wont find the solution, instead of junking the car, you might want to get a low mile motor from the junk yard. It all depends on overall condition of the car, of course.

How old is the battery? And do you get a spark?

·
Registered
8 Posts
2003 Ford Taurus V6 ohv (nonflex fuel)

Car started acting funny for my wife, idling rough and wanting to die. Eventually, the car would just turn over and not start. Brought it to a local mechanic and they said that it was the fuel pump.
How much fuel pressure was it putting out?

How much pressure is the new pump putting out?

(SWAG - Sounds like excessive resistance in the FRP sensor circuit.)

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Dustin,

if you wont find the solution, instead of junking the car, you might want to get a low mile motor from the junk yard. It all depends on overall condition of the car, of course.
??? :eek:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts