Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read through several forums regarding this issue, but they weren't exactly like my problem. Just looking for additional feedback so I know where to start.
The problem started yesterday. I drove the car for about an hour or so before this with no problems. I was stopped at a light, waiting to make a left. The light changed and I proceeded to complete my turn and started to accelerate. All of the sudden it was like my car was losing power. The battery light came on and it started stalling and jerking forward and slowing down at the same time. I pulled over on the shoulder and as soon as I took my foot off the gas, it died. Put it in park, tried to start it and nothing. No clicking, no sounds, nothing. I still had full battery power. The lights, radio, etc worked with no dimming. I had to sit and wait about an hour for a ride home, and attempted to start it again. It turned over like it wanted to start, but wouldn't. Waited for my dad to get home, he said it sounded like alternator or battery, so he brought the jumper cables and the car started. As soon as it was put in D, it stalled. After several attempts he finally got it to stay running and drove it home. Said it seemed to do better at higher speeds. Got it home, messed with it, it didn't want to stall. Finally took a few hours of driving back and forth to get it to stall again. (On a side note: my check engine light has been on since I got the car in February, but it's due to a bad section in my catalytic converter.) Cleared the code for the check engine light, and while it flashes, it hasn't stayed on, so there's no code to read. Drove the car home last night (a couple miles) and whenever I would accelerate it would jerk and the battery and check engine lights would flash on and off, but would stop when I took my foot off the gas. So I did a lot of coasting to get home. Drove it a little while ago for maybe 2 minutes to get across the street from the community I live in, and it jerked and the lights came on and off the whole time. It seems to only does it when I accelerate at low speeds (my community has a 15mph speed limit, so this was a challenge). Also when I started my car, my lights were at full brightness, but after a minute they seemed to be dimmer. The battery was tested, it's fine. I had three car savvy people looking at my car and they can't figure out what it is. Where should I start? Some forums said to check the IAC, MAF, that it's a vacuum leak, or the torque converter locked up. Anyone have any idea what this sounds like?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts