Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am parting out a 2003 Ford Taurus with about 200,000 miles on the odometer. The car is mist green with a gray interior. It was involved in a one car accident. Please contact me for all you parts needs. The following list shows the parts for sale:

Left taillight $50
Right taillight $50
Decklid (w/o spoiler) $100
Emergency spare tire $20
OEM Jack $10
Folding rear seat $100
Power Driver's seat $75
Passenger seat $75
Center Console $20
Factory AM/FM/CD radio $50
Dash instrument cluster $50
Steering wheel $20
Steering column upper & lower mast jacket $25
Tilt steering column (Bad clockspring) $75
Dash panel $100
Driver's side front door $200
Driver's Side rear door $200
Passenger side front door (decent, but dings exist) $100
Passenger side rear door (decent, but dings exist) $100
Rocker panel covers (both sides) $50
Grille $20
Radiator $75
Cooling fan $25
AC Condenser $50
AC Compressor and attached hoses $50
Recent starter $75
Alternator $50
Coolant reservoir $25
3.0L Single cam engine (with computer and all engine related wiring) (you remove) $400
Replacement 4spd automatic transmission (you remove) $400
***Engine and transmission together (You remove) $600 ***
4 rims (factory 5 spoke allow) and recent tires with low mileage (lugs included) $400
Very recent front struts (Pair -- you remove) $100
Fuel tank with working fuel pump $50
Brand new knee bolster panel -- never installed $30
Brand new hood release cable assembly -- never installed $20

The car was wrecked as it stalled as a young driver was going around a sharp left turn. The car hit a guard rail resulting in a solid hit to the right headlight. The car is repairable, so I will consider selling the whole car for $1995 as is, where is. The car is in Columbus Georgia and is not drivable due to a broken steering pump pulley.

Read more: 2003 Ford Taurus SE -- parting out | Columbus | eBay Classifieds (Kijiji) | 9010222

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess I should have mentioned that... It is a column shift. Also, the car is an SE model and no one has picked anything off of it yet. Please let me know what you might need. I will try to post photos tomorrow evening.

Blessings,
Shakota

·
Registered
224 Posts
i was looking for a console from a console shift car...i have the coloum shift and I would like the console for storage and such but thanks anyways for the reply

·
Banned
3,228 Posts
Price for the driver's side rear seatbelt assembly, if available? I need the full belt with retractor; it unbolts from behind the rear seat backrest.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
PM sent to Brian...

Also, I will see the interior pieces even though I did not list most of them. Ya'll let me know what you need. I must part this puppy out. I will also consider trading th car for a decent driver for my 19 year old.

Blessings,
Shakota

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The seats would probably be cheapest to send via Greyhound. I will check on the price of shipping, but to be honest, shipping is extra.

Blessings,
Shakota

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The left rear seatbelt is going to be pulled and sent to Brian for payment. I will keep the listing updated so you all will know which parts have been sold.

Blessings,
Shakota

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Uh... good question. Sorry to say I am not familiar with that. is there a method of identifying an automatic headlight switch, versus a regular headlight switch? Are you near Columbus GA by chance?

Blessings,
Shakota

·
Cake monster
1,584 Posts
I am parting out a 2003 Ford Taurus with about 200,000 miles on the odometer. The car is mist green with a gray interior. It was involved in a one car accident. Please contact me for all you parts needs. The following list shows the parts for sale:

Left taillight $50
Right taillight $50
Decklid (w/o spoiler) $100
Emergency spare tire $20
OEM Jack $10
Folding rear seat $100
Power Driver's seat $75
Passenger seat $75
Center Console $20
Factory AM/FM/CD radio $50
Dash instrument cluster $50
Steering wheel $20
Steering column upper & lower mast jacket $25
Tilt steering column (Bad clockspring) $75
Dash panel $100
Driver's side front door $200
Driver's Side rear door $200
Passenger side front door (decent, but dings exist) $100
Passenger side rear door (decent, but dings exist) $100
Rocker panel covers (both sides) $50
Grille $20
Radiator $75
Cooling fan $25
AC Condenser $50
AC Compressor and attached hoses $50
Recent starter $75
Alternator $50
Coolant reservoir $25
3.0L Single cam engine (with computer and all engine related wiring) (you remove) $400
Replacement 4spd automatic transmission (you remove) $400
***Engine and transmission together (You remove) $600 ***
4 rims (factory 5 spoke allow) and recent tires with low mileage (lugs included) $400
Very recent front struts (Pair -- you remove) $100
Fuel tank with working fuel pump $50
Brand new knee bolster panel -- never installed $30
Brand new hood release cable assembly -- never installed $20

The car was wrecked as it stalled as a young driver was going around a sharp left turn. The car hit a guard rail resulting in a solid hit to the right headlight. The car is repairable, so I will consider selling the whole car for $1995 as is, where is. The car is in Columbus Georgia and is not drivable due to a broken steering pump pulley.

Read more: 2003 Ford Taurus SE -- parting out | Columbus | eBay Classifieds (Kijiji) | 9010222

·
Premium Member
4,467 Posts
jw since now you are a mod, how about a little respect. maybe a pm to him to say. "hey your prices are too high, try lowering them."

come on jw act like you have been here before.

·
Cake monster
1,584 Posts
jw since now you are a mod, how about a little respect. maybe a pm to him to say. "hey your prices are too high, try lowering them."

come on jw act like you have been here before.
To be fair, if I PMed him, it would look more official because of my position, unlike in the open forums. I don't think I would PM him for that reason. I gave my opinion on his post. We have to remember that a mod is nothing more than a janitor, I don't run the place; I clean it. :lol2:

As for acting like I've been here before, I don't think the staff have ever been the nicest here to start with. Also, I think everyone knows what I'm like, there's a reason why I'm not allowed on the other taurus forum and such. I'm not trying to say that I think I'm great or something, that's just the way I am. This is how I operate.

I'll try and tone it down next time though (sugar coat it).

·
Banned
3,228 Posts
To be fair, if I PMed him, it would look more official because of my position, unlike in the open forums. I don't think I would PM him for that reason. I gave my opinion on his post. We have to remember that a mod is nothing more than a janitor, I don't run the place; I clean it. :lol2:

As for acting like I've been here before, I don't think the staff have ever been the nicest here to start with. Also, I think everyone knows what I'm like, there's a reason why I'm not allowed on the other taurus forum and such. I'm not trying to say that I think I'm great or something, that's just the way I am. This is how I operate.

I'll try and tone it down next time though (sugar coat it).
:huh:

You're allowed, we just don't appreciate anyone stirring up trouble.

And it was rude to criticize him for the listed price. There's no such rule as 'you're asking too much money for _______'. That can only be determined by what someone is willing to pay if/when he actually sells the car.

IIRC, posting just to point out that you don't like the price/shipping costs of a For Sale item is explicitly against the posted terms of use for this section of the website...

Attempts to circumvent the FOR SALE guidelines may result in membership suspension or other actions.

Activities prohibited in classified ads:

1) Posting to the effect that a seller is asking too much for any item.
2) Making any kind of negative comments about the item(s) or Seller.

3) Making argumentative type posts of any sort.

Basically, if you don't have....

- A question about an ad that is posted....
- An interest in an ad that is posted....
- A positive comment to make about the item(s) being offered for sale or the person selling....

Then just don't reply. It's that simple.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I checked eBay and a national parts source website before listing the prices. Thank you Brian and Riso for standing up for me. The prices are in line for where I live. Plus, go try to find an engine and tranny that runs for $600 and see what you can come up with. Also, see if you can find a driver's door for less than my price-- one that needs no body work. You will be hard pressed. Several people have contacted me about parts which I will be pulling and shipping this week. This is why America is a free country, where I am free to price my wares at my price. if you do not like it, I politely request that you not shop with me. In my opinion, you have no need to "slam me" just because my price is not to your personal liking.

I am an honest person who has sold many parts via forums with no complaints. Remember, walk a mile in a man's shoes before you pass judgement.

Blessings,
Shakota

·
Cake monster
1,584 Posts
Brian_05_SEL, I think you have the most valid point. The rules do prevent me from replying. However, I do disagree with the rule and that people should be allowed to charge what they want without being looked at oddly, it is a freeworld for the most part, but if those are the rules than my hands are tied. I reserve the right to tell people how I feel, and I wouldn't hesitate to say what I did here to someone in public.

I think the rules would be violated by what risoworker suggested, so I'm not the only one who didn't read them. Why would I be allowed to PM anything?

To quote you;

Attempts to circumvent the FOR SALE guidelines may result in membership suspension or other actions.

Activities prohibited in classified ads:

1) Posting to the effect that a seller is asking too much for any item.
2) Making any kind of negative comments about the item(s) or Seller.
3) Making argumentative type posts of any sort.

Basically, if you don't have....

- A question about an ad that is posted....
- An interest in an ad that is posted....
- A positive comment to make about the item(s) being offered for sale or the person selling....

Then just don't reply. It's that simple.
PMing someone with regards to their classified ad is just the same as replying here, and therefore is not allowed. "come on risoworker, act like you have been here before." ;)

If it's rude to tell the truth, then I'm sorry.

Shakota,

While I may still disagree with your listed prices, it's still not my place to say anything. I guess I will be removing my post in accordance to the rules.

The rules are dumb.

·
Premium Member
4,467 Posts
I checked eBay and a national parts source website before listing the prices. Thank you Brian and Riso for standing up for me. The prices are in line for where I live. Plus, go try to find an engine and tranny that runs for $600 and see what you can come up with. Also, see if you can find a driver's door for less than my price-- one that needs no body work. You will be hard pressed. Several people have contacted me about parts which I will be pulling and shipping this week. This is why America is a free country, where I am free to price my wares at my price. if you do not like it, I politely request that you not shop with me. In my opinion, you have no need to "slam me" just because my price is not to your personal liking.

I am an honest person who has sold many parts via forums with no complaints. Remember, walk a mile in a man's shoes before you pass judgement.

Blessings,
Shakota
sha if you can get the prices you want then go for it.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.