Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I have a 2003 taurus SES (flex fuel V6 3.0), with about 70000 miles on it. My check engine light came on and my gas gauge has been acting wrong. Sometimes it will become zero when I start the engine. Later on, it will gradually find its right position. I go to the autozone and they give me a P0460 code, fuel level sensor circuit malfunction.

Does anyone have any ideas before we drop the tank to replace the pump?

Thanks a lot.

Leon

·
Premium Member
10,632 Posts
QUOTE (lqleon @ Mar 2 2009, 10:31 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=704572
Hi there,

I have a 2003 taurus SES (flex fuel V6 3.0), with about 70000 miles on it. My check engine light came on and my gas gauge has been acting wrong. Sometimes it will become zero when I start the engine. Later on, it will gradually find its right position. I go to the autozone and they give me a P0460 code, fuel level sensor circuit malfunction.

Does anyone have any ideas before we drop the tank to replace the pump?

Thanks a lot.

Leon[/b]
Don't drop the tank until you actually test your flex fuel sensor located underneath the dash. There's a write up in the WIKI about this.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
QUOTE (lqleon @ Mar 2 2009, 01:32 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=704615
QUOTE (fonicsmonkey @ Mar 2 2009, 12:19 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=704587
I think this is the link Firespirit was refering to:
http://www.taurusclub.com/wiki/index.php/G...Flex_Fuel_only)[/b]
Thank you so much. However, my engine is "Engine Type: 3.0L V6 SFI OHV", Is this the type of 'flex fuel'? If so, I will try to buy a new one to replace.

Leon
[/b][/quote]
You have a VIN code '2' in the 8th place of your VIN to signify if you have a flex fuel model. The regular Vulcan (non flex fuel, indicated by the letter 'u') lacks this module.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
QUOTE (Bull Geek @ Mar 2 2009, 04:51 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=704673
QUOTE (lqleon @ Mar 2 2009, 01:32 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=704615
QUOTE (fonicsmonkey @ Mar 2 2009, 12:19 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=704587
I think this is the link Firespirit was refering to:
http://www.taurusclub.com/wiki/index.php/G...Flex_Fuel_only)[/b]
Thank you so much. However, my engine is "Engine Type: 3.0L V6 SFI OHV", Is this the type of 'flex fuel'? If so, I will try to buy a new one to replace.

Leon
[/b][/quote]
You have a VIN code '2' in the 8th place of your VIN to signify if you have a flex fuel model. The regular Vulcan (non flex fuel, indicated by the letter 'u') lacks this module.
[/b][/quote]
Thanks a lot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts