Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to replace my defective Sun load Sensor.
I do not want to break my defrost grille when I go to remove it.
Does anyone have a video or any tricks to removing it?

·
Registered
11,188 Posts
I need to replace my defective Sun load Sensor.
I do not want to break my defrost grille when I go to remove it.
Does anyone have a video or any tricks to removing it?
It just pries out. Need couple screw drivers. Just held in with spring clips.
Sensor held on the grille with couple small screws. I have tried to find a good one from JY. Gave up and just lets it go.
-chart-

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
Just go across evenly with a flathead or a trim tool popping the clips. Only way to break it is if you pry one end up and then try to rip the whole thing out longways.

As far as finding a good sensor, either buy a new one on Ebay or look for a 2005 or later Expedition/F150/Explorer. Those are the only ones that will be any good. All the ones from the era of these cars have failed by now, as chart said you'll never find a good one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just go across evenly with a flathead or a trim tool popping the clips. Only way to break it is if you pry one end up and then try to rip the whole thing out longways.

As far as finding a good sensor, either buy a new one on Ebay or look for a 2005 or later Expedition/F150/Explorer. Those are the only ones that will be any good. All the ones from the era of these cars have failed by now, as chart said you'll never find a good one.
My car is a 2003 Mercury Sable. The Sun Load Sensor Oem Ford (YF1Z13A018AA)
can be still be ordered from Tasca Parts and Amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0042HJ9UE/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
as well as other Dealers. cost $50 New

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
My car is a 2003 Mercury Sable. The Sun Load Sensor Oem Ford (YF1Z13A018AA)
can be still be ordered from Tasca Parts and Amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0042HJ9UE/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
as well as other Dealers. cost $50 New
Yep, that's the one you want. I was just alluding to the fact that every one of these cars that I've ever interacted with had a failed sun load sensor, if it's not been replaced with that updated one at some point.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts