Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Ford Taurus
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had an issue with cabin heat last winter, after Flushing, thermostat, and heater core replacement my mechanic suggested the sun sensor, which seemed to fix the problem for heat.
This summer the A/C was working fine then quit, the mechanic switched the mix door on the duck and changed the panel setting from Fahrenheit to Celsius, thought it was an odd thing but it worked for 10 days, then A/C is out again. I brought it back to him and he is stumped. Compressor is working, coolant is correct, engine temperature is fine, even in the off position the dash is emitting intense heat. I'm thinking maybe something in the dash control for the A/C unit, HELP!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I agree with jag1959, blender door vacuum hose could be bad, turn on the temperature control with fan on lowest setting, set to full heat then either turn the temperature dial quickly to cold on max setting, you can hear the door open and close then another closing for recirculation, if you hear nothing it's a vacuum hose problem. The temperature reading can be changed by pressing amb button and cold OR hot buttons At The Same Time.

·
Registered
22,851 Posts
^ Fwiw, on his '03, temp. selection is controlled electrically via the blend door actuator motor, no vacuum. Mode (vent) selection is controlled by vacuum.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts