Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, this evening I did a little snooping around my car looking for the electrical connectors that my wiring diagrams book says are in my car. I am trying to install a glove box lamp, ash tray lamp, and enable the DRL.

First off, I am trying to find the glove box lamp connector C254 (14413), but I can't find it anywhere under the passenger side dash. I even took off the glove box and tryed to look for the LG/OG and the BK wires.

Secondly, for the ash try illumination lamp, I found the wire labeled 14A012, but there was not a connector coming off of this lead. I am looking for the connector C370 with the wires DB/WH and BK.

Thirdly, I am trying to enable the daytime running lights which my car doesn't have. I looked in the Relay center box 1, and my car does indeed have a relay installed for the (DRL). Oddly the relay for the fog lamps is not there. I then found the Daytime running lamps resistor (C196) and there was an end on it. I don't know if this is a real resistor or a dummy one to keep water out. I think it would be very cool to just buy a little resistor and plug it in. I just am not sure if this has to do with it. It may be much more complicated. I believe that all the makings should be in the car, since the taurus is exported all over the world, and the U.S. is one of the few countries that don't require DRL. I did find a site for the ford trucks to add DRL, but it requires a lot of spicing which I don't think is neccesary with our cars.

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, besides taking it to the stealership, speak up.

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
Don't know about the Gen 4s but all Gen 3s had either the DRL installed or a dummy plug where the module was. The module is under the left headlight on a Gen 3. Here's a pic of mine.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It looks totally different than that pic. Maybe I will get a pic of it one of these days.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts