Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a low mileage 2002. It drives great, except when it's windy - it's hard to control.

Is it the alignment?

Thanks,

Taurcedes

·
Registered
587 Posts
the front engine cradle bushing may have rotted out cause what you are saying is how mine felt. it is like wind wonder like on a non windy day you get a little wonder left and right. could also be torque steer or bump steer whcih is cause by caster or camber. any ways hope this info helps. crawl underneath and look at the front subframe bushings see if they rooted/rusted out around the bolts that attach it to the unibody. if they are that is your problem if not check in to the caster camber being off.

·
Premium Member
2,543 Posts
the front engine cradle bushing may have rotted out cause what you are saying is how mine felt. it is like wind wonder like on a non windy day you get a little wonder left and right. could also be torque steer or bump steer whcih is cause by caster or camber. any ways hope this info helps. crawl underneath and look at the front subframe bushings see if they rooted/rusted out around the bolts that attach it to the unibody. if they are that is your problem if not check in to the caster camber being off.

"I wonder as I wander"............

1 - 4 of 4 Posts