Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2001 taurus - broke valve spring, then repaired. Now I have code P0353 (ignition coil circuit primary/secondary circuit C) Well that is true, there is no spark on circuit C which is cylinders 2 & 6. However, I have replaced coil and there is no change. I have checked the ohms in both primary and secondary circuits and checked voltage on pin 4. All is ok. Is there possibly anything else that could shut down this circuit only? Or, is there somewhere else I should be looking? Also one other thing that is strange, the a/c compressor is not engaging. Air will blow, but not cold. What is the link between the two? Can PCM shut down individual coil circuit? And if so, why? Could it be possibly due to the broken valve spring?
Any help would be greatly appreciated! Help me pleeeeease. My wifes car and is driving me nuts.
Thanks.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
The PCM won't shut down a coil circuit. It could be due to something you did while repairing the valve spring, like damaging a wire or leaving something unplugged. The a/c worked before the repair, yes? If so, then make sure you didn't leave something unplugged or popped a fuse.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The PCM won't shut down a coil circuit. It could be due to something you did while repairing the valve spring, like damaging a wire or leaving something unplugged. The a/c worked before the repair, yes? If so, then make sure you didn't leave something unplugged or popped a fuse.
[/b]

I will check fuses again, i thought maybe a relay. Im not sure how to check those. Yes everything worked fine before the broken valve spring. There is nothing to unplug. The valve spring replacement was on front side. Only thing to remove was the coil, then the valve cover. I had already determined the coil had no spark on cyl 2 & 6 before the valve spring repair. Im starting to think a bad PCM, but dont want to replace that without knowing for sure. Ive heard it can do some weird things. By losing compression in 1 cyl, i dont know how the PCM would react in making adjustments. Thanks for the reply Nidan. I will check the fuses again, maybe even strip the coil wire harness a few inches and have a look at the wires. Im running out of ideas. Again, thank you for your time. If you come up with anything else, please let me know.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, no blown fuses - No disconnected wires - I have been driving since reset codes, still have the P0353 but cant seem to get all the monitors to report to see if there are any new codes. Anybody have any clues?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts