Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can get these lines. it has the cooler below radiator. Please help trans works fine . Lines are rusted and leaking bad. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
8,220 Posts
Doubt they are available new. Hit the local JY and see if you can find them in better condition than yours are.

If it were my car, I would cut the old cooler lines off and install a real aftermarket tranny cooler that will significantly outperform the original cooler.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Replacing cooler sounds like the best solution since there are four lines ( auxillary cooler located under radiator). What size cooler do I need?Thanks

·
Super Moderator
8,220 Posts
If you live in a hot climate or routinely travel at high speeds thru high temps, or carry heavy loads, bigger is better. The aftermarket cooler I have on my 05 SEL Premium Duratec is rated for 9000 lb GVW (i.e.,total overkill) and is around 15" wide by 10" tall. 2 years ago. driving thru South Dakota on I80 cruising at 85 mph (speed limit of 80) with the ambient temps of 105 deg F and AC running to keep the car interior at 72 F, tranny fluid was hovering around 200 deg F as shown by Forscan on my ipad. I have a slightly smaller tranny cooler on my 86 Tbird 5.0 L V8 and have a digital trans temp gauge. Never seen trans temps exceed 200 deg F in the 30 years since I installed the temp gauge and tranny cooler even in very hot temps driving at high speeds.

Reactions: kekaye56
1 - 7 of 7 Posts