Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
will doors from a 2006 fit on my car?
also i wanted to get the bumper skins off of a 2006. will it all fit right up?
what is all the differences between a 2006 and 2002?
just bumpers and cluster and steering wheel?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
also wiring for the cluster and steering wheel cruise control stuff.
does all that plug in or does it require re-wiring?
and if so is there a write up somewhere for that or pretty easy?

·
Registered
541 Posts
You might find the answers you seek by searching online for places that sell the items that you mention. The dealers usually state what model years their products fit.

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
You might find the answers you seek by searching online for places that sell the items that you mention. The dealers usually state what model years their products fit.
BUT if he is looking at buying these parts second hand, such as a pick & pull lot, they wont have any idea either.

I'm not 100% but I think the core supports for the bumper covers are different. At a minimum, you will need the foam backing with the bumper covers. I think the doors will bolt up, but I am not sure of the wire harness, you may have to re-wire the doors so you would want to open the old one to trace wires.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
The door skins will fit perfectly, not sure about the wiring. The rear bumper cover will not fit, as the bottom lip and mounting changed when Ford changed the rear deck for the '04 year. The front bumper cover did not change, that will fit. There's a few places around here that do bumper restorations, and can repair and color match the covers to like-new, but I think they charge almost as much as a new cover would cost. A bumper sticker hides the dent where somebody backed into my back bumper.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so a full 04 conversion hasnt been done?
i was considering it. with the steering wheel and gauge cluster and maybe even a dual cam swap. im kinda new to taurus modding.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts