Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I was recently given this car, it has 150,000K miles. The previous owner told me of some issues.

Cylinder 2 misfire: I replaced fuel injectors 1-3 since they are all under the intake manual, and a fellow Ford owner told me they had resolved the same issue this way. Sure enough, car ran fine for 3000 miles. Now I have more issues.

I had cylinder 4-6 misfire code and Bank 2 Sensor 2 code. I replaced all plugs, plug wires (original), injectors 4-6, and the o2 sensor. Car still ran and idled rough, and I'm now getting P1151 code. I replaced coil pack (original) and no improvement. I cleaned MAF sensor, still runs rough. My scan tool still indicates P1151 code and now, Bank 2 Sensor 2 is 'pending.'

I will clean the throttle body next, but I don't think this will resolve it. I'm guessing their may be a vacuum leak but I haven't been able to see or hear anything. Any ideas?

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
I have had several ignition issues, plugs, wire boots arced, coils cracked, misfires random, and such on G-4's. I have/had 9 Bulls frm '87 to present '03's. Had one mild leaking injector on '88, never had injector issues. 5 Lin Cont, no injector issues. 4 Throttle body cars, no injector issues. Had ignition issues on all the rear wheel drives. So I will likely say 10:1 ignition issues to injector issues.
As to coils. I frequent local pick a part JY. I had thoughts of finding a used good coil. I looked at every Bull in the lot, every one cracked. Later found a Bull with a NEW coil and I picked it up for a spare. Cracked coils are the norm for coilpacks. Pic of one of mine, I took a screw driver to one cracks, it is rusting inside. Means water creeps in the cracks. I also spritzed this one with plain water with the engine idling and it went wild. Easy test of coils.
-chart-

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello,

My 2002 with 150K miles is having some problems. I'm getting a P1151 for lean oxygen sensor, but my scan tool is giving me more information and I'm looking for clearer direction. The P1151 isn't supposed to affect drive-ability, but the engine is running like it has misfires. No misfire codes: new plugs, plug wires, coil pack and fuel injectors. Also cleaned MAF sensor and throttle body. PCV is also new.

$26 Initial tank vacuum and maximum limit in H20
$2A Phase 4 Vapor generation maximum change in pressure and max threshold in H20
$2B Phase 4 Vapor generation maximum absolute pressure rise and max threshold in H20

I'm guessing this has to do with the evap canister, or maybe the purge valve? Any help is appreciated.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts