Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a link that someone could point me to about replacing the heater hose assembly on my 02 Taurus. It rusted out (Tubes) and looks like a real bugger to get at, maybe take the plenum off to get at it better? I went underneath tonight but no way can I get my arm up there so any suggestions I would appreciate. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
697 Posts
Just did this (and the rest of the hoses) on my

2001 Vulcan.

Read my post re hose (7).

Purchase the entire hose assembly. You can search Amazon for Dorman 626-207. It's $51 shipped.

You'll be working on this from above the engine compartment. You will have to remove the intake plenum and associated components as well as a section of duct that is next to the brake master cylinder to have access to the 2 retaining nuts that hold the assembly against the firewall, the hose clamps on the heater core inlet/outlet and to remove the old assembly and install the new.

Cut the old hose at those locations, then remove the clamps and slit the hose stubs and pry them off the core pipes.

Keep track of all the hoses, lines and sensor connections that you undo to remove the plenum and air cleaner assemblies.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok thanks, I googled the subject and it brought me to this forum from 2 years ago, wondering if I want to do it or take it to the guy down the road that repairs cars on the side or keep my 100 dollars. I bought the hose assembly from www.rockauto a couple of weeks ago and just havent had time but starting to get a little cool for the wife in the morn so have to do something.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts