Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did some engine electrical work and test drove the Taurus SE wagon. When I shut off the engine heard a buzzing noise in the rear of the car.
This persisted for about 15 to 20 seconds then stopped.
I was thinking the fuel pump in the gas tank.
But why AFTER shutting off the ignition.
Anyone else have this experience and is it the fuel pump or something else?

·
Registered
10,939 Posts
Did some engine electrical work and test drove the Taurus SE wagon. When I shut off the engine heard a buzzing noise in the rear of the car.
This persisted for about 15 to 20 seconds then stopped.
I was thinking the fuel pump in the gas tank.
But why AFTER shutting off the ignition.
Anyone else have this experience and is it the fuel pump or something else?
Yea

It's your power antenna.

-chart-

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea

It's your power antenna.

-chart-
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
Never dawned on me that it was the antenna. Has been stuck part way up since I got the car 2 years ago. Replaced the mast in my vette when it broke but haven't had the gumption to rip out this motor and do the same.

·
Registered
10,939 Posts
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
Never dawned on me that it was the antenna. Has been stuck part way up since I got the car 2 years ago. Replaced the mast in my vette when it broke but haven't had the gumption to rip out this motor and do the same.

Mine got broke off, and just a plastic rack gear sticking out. The motor just ran for so many seconds and quit each direction. I pulled the connection to the motor. Got a regular antenna from pick a part. Made adapter and stuck it in the remaining shell inside the antenna base. My wagon now has a fixed antenna, and it works just fine.

-chart-

1 - 4 of 4 Posts