Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Key works fine in ignition/trunk/pass door, so I don't think the key is the problem.

I was rear-ended just before I started having this problem, but it was fairly low-speed and nothing else is really that wrong but it definitely got jarred if that could help diagnose the problem.

When I put the key in it doesn't want to turn immediately, I kind of have to wiggle it left and right before the seems to catch and unlock the door.

Any ideas, hopefully an easy fix I can attempt on my own? Just annoying at this point as I can get it unlocked within a few tries, but I'd like to nip it in the bud if this may worsen or potentially hurt the locking mechanism.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
405 Posts
Did you try shooting graphite lube or lithium grease into the lock? or coating the key with some lube before you stick it in the lock - the pins might be sticky from lack of lube. WD-40 may work temporarily but you'll need something that will stay put long-term.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Did you try shooting graphite lube or lithium grease into the lock? or coating the key with some lube before you stick it in the lock - the pins might be sticky from lack of lube. WD-40 may work temporarily but you'll need something that will stay put long-term.
Excellent advice!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts