Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had this problem for months and its driving me up the wall! My dome light and the lights under my mirrors will not turn off! All the knobs inside are off, these are the automatic ones that come on when the door is open. I took out my dome light because it bothered me when I was driving at night. They take forever to turn off. I have checked all the fuses and sprayed WD-40 into the door jamb as I read here researching this issue and it didn't work at all.

Any ideas what this could be? I have a feeling this is seriously straining my battery.

·
Registered
23,581 Posts
Youre spraying the latch on the end of the door with wd-40, right? If so, spray ea. latch liberally again and follow up with white lithium grease spray.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Youre spraying the latch on the end of the door with wd-40, right? If so, spray ea. latch liberally again and follow up with white lithium grease spray.

I did that, but I only did it to my door as I'm the only one in it 95% of the time. But I'll try all four.

·
Registered
347 Posts
You may have to pop the trim panel off and shoot the lube directly on the latch cam that operates the light switch. I've had limited success doing it from the outside of the door. Always works when you do it from inside. Also, WD-40 will get it working but it won't keep it working. Hit it with white lithium after you free it up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts