Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started with a small miss, SES light came on, it shows crank position sensor and misfire on #1, my plugs/wires were factory with 134,000 miles on them, so i just replaced them, still getting a misfire, could that be from the crank sensor gone bad?

·
Registered
834 Posts
Started with a small miss, SES light came on, it shows crank position sensor and misfire on #1, my plugs/wires were factory with 134,000 miles on them, so i just replaced them, still getting a misfire, could that be from the crank sensor gone bad?
[/b]
Have you inspected your coil pack for cracks? And what were the codes you got?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
Have you inspected your coil pack for cracks? And what were the codes you got?
[/b][/quote]

po316, i just had a new coil pack put on 3 weeks ago, but i am taking it back in the morning the mechanic that put it on said it might be back.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
P0316 is for a misfire on startup - it has nothing to do with the crank sensor. As fonics said, remove the coil pack and look it over carefully. They can also cause misfires, and often when they fail, they develop small cracks, so if you see any, replace it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts