Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, there

Got a question to ask, I have one used 2002 Ford Taurus Wagon, and bought last summer. This Summer I tried to use the A/C, no air comes from each vent, and I sent it to auto shop; I am told the blow-motor resistor is broken, I need buy a new one.

Now the question is it is too expensive, it is said they need get from Ford deader with $236 for one (exclude the installation which will be about $66), is that expensive? I found from google, most said it is about $25.00. Do you guys know where I can get the part?

Thank you very much,

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
hi, there

Got a question to ask, I have one used 2002 Ford Taurus Wagon, and bought last summer. This Summer I tried to use the A/C, no air comes from each vent, and I sent it to auto shop; I am told the blow-motor resistor is broken, I need buy a new one.

Now the question is it is too expensive, it is said they need get from Ford deader with $236 for one (exclude the installation which will be about $66), is that expensive? I found from google, most said it is about $25.00. Do you guys know where I can get the part?

Thank you very much,

If its only your blower motor resistor, that is less than $40 from the dealer the last time I bought one. They are also very easy to change also.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no, I think danhasenauer is right, it needs about $200 for a blower motor resistor, mine car has stupid fancy auto temperature adjustment. I am wondering if we can re-wired to a high - median - low A/C control.

Thanks for all your reply :)

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
no, I think danhasenauer is right, it needs about $200 for a blower motor resistor, mine car has stupid fancy auto temperature adjustment. I am wondering if we can re-wired to a high - median - low A/C control.

Thanks for all your reply :)
OK, then you do have the ETAC system, I am not a fan of those at all. I have had 2 fords with those and both were a PITA..... I have never worked o n that system on the taurus so i'm sorry I cant help you there. I do know you cant re-wire it to a different control set up, your pretty much stuck with what you have.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
WOW. Never knew the EATC systems used a different resistor. $16 versus 136. Great.....I'll start picking those up at the yard from now on!

·
Super Moderator
8,732 Posts
The EATC doesnt use a blower resistor like the manual climate control system does. EATC uses a solid state blower speed control system. I have no idea of the cost of the EATC blower control, but I am betting is costs WAY more than a blower resistor.

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
The problems I always had with the climate control systems ( in a t-bird & grand marq) had to do with the bi-metalic sensor. This would change over from heat & cold. Those are up under the dash & are a real PITA to change.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts