Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for help in identifying the bushing that the forks on the rear shock mount to. I tried to change the shocks on my 2001 DOHC Taurus Wagon and the bottom bolt appears to be rusted into the bushing. As I was unscrewing the bolt it just started to bend the fork with the nut welded to it outward. I sprayed it with some penetrant and then tried to hammer it out. That just caused the whole bushing to start pushing out. I managed to get it all back together so it can be driven but still want to change the shocks.

I've been to the dealership's part department, and they can't find a part number for it and most of the rear suspension parts seem to be discontinued. I also tried Napa, Autozone and Advance Auto with no luck. The bushing seems to have come installed in the suspension knuckle but that part has been discontinued as well.

So I am hoping someone can point me to the part or an equivalent bushing that I can use. Also trying to find the bolts, I think I found that on another thread as a M12x80mm. I'm, going to take the replacement shock to the parts store and try that. Sousa632 had a discussion on this but ended up finding out he needed sway bar bushings instead. Any Wagon folks run into this and found a solution?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
May have to drill the threads our and replace with a bolt and nut.
-chart-
yeah, I've considered that and will go to that if I can't source a bolt. I got KYB KG5575 shocks that are like the original with the nut attached, but I might order Monroes that come with a bolt and nut. Biggest issue is still that dang bushing. Trying to keep the car in service while I find it so I can't get it out to measure

1 - 3 of 3 Posts