Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finaly got time to check out the trans this weekend. History- got it cheap ($400, to use for parts) knowing the trans would not engage in any gear. after some research on this forum norrowed the problem dowm to what i belive is a bad pump or pump shaft. when i got the car the last owner just changed the oil/filter hopeing to solve the no movement issue.
it has fresh fluid and filter now so i have no referance on the condition of the fluid before i got it. this weekend i checked the fluid before starting-
it was in the crosshatch mark, clean no smell. started car and ran it throu all the gears and reved engine in each one. The car had no strain on eangine when doing this. rechecked fluid after about 35-45 minutes.
the fluid was in about the same spot and it was still cold. To me cold fluid after this amount of time would mean its not moveing. If anyone could held with detaild instuctions on removing the vaulveboby and pump shaft, please send by PM. I am stationed in Germany and fixing the smallest part possible would be great. I have a running 2000 i can use for parts, had a accedent this winter and the driver side is FUBAR, but it still drives pretty good.Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got the whole car for $400. it in great shape too boot. When other soldiers have issues with their Amirican cars over here that they cant do a QUICK FIX on, many just dump them for almost nothing. If i'm right on the pump/shaft i'll take it from my other Taurus and have a much better car. I'll be droping the bottom and side pans on saterday, should be fun Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts