Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
EDIT: Bought the car today: 2001 SES Taurus :ford:
Link to pics and info. http://www.taurusclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=64814

I am checking out an 01 taurus today hoping to get back to my fav cars :ford: !. I would like any thing(s) I should check out/beware of. I am not sure of the motor/trans other then both being rebuilt. Anything perticular I should look for?

Problem is I am checking it out today at around 5:pm pst. So any comments before that would be great.

·
Premium Member
5,895 Posts
I'd just check the condition of the fluids, look it over for anything leaking even though it's suppose to be a rebuilt engine and trans. Check the underbody for rotten sections. Road test it and check it for vibrations and brake pulsations, check over all vehicle accessories to make sure they're operating as they should. Anything you find wrong you can use to lower the price of purchase.

·
Registered
834 Posts
If you have a code reader or know someone you can borrow one from...You should bring that and check to see if it is throwing any codes or has any stored, that would make buying the car an issue.

·
Premium Member
7,303 Posts
See if the doglegs (between the rear door and rear wheel opening) are in good condition. :)

·
Premium Member
7,048 Posts
If it's a vulcan, listen for slight chirping.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts