Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my oil and fuel light recently turn on and now stays on. They used to stay on in the morning and then off in the afternoon. This was the summertime also. Now that it is colder out the oil and fuel light stay on constantly no mater it in the morning or night. I have had the oil changed with 5w20. The oil pressure switch was also changed. I did have a muffler leak but that has been fixed. When the lights are on my acceleration suffers. I also checked for oil leaks and there is none. Oil level I checked yesterday and the oil level if full. I also have an engine light on but this is the p1401 air code (dpfte) could this be a more of a cause with the dptfe sensor completely bad now?

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
I would agree your DPFE sensor is shot and needs to be replaced. I strongly suggest you clean the EGR system, make sure the EGR valve is actually working, and then replace the sensor if the cleaning doesn't work.

The DPFE light does possibly suggest that the O2 sensors are going bad or that another underlying tuning issue might be present that is causing carbon deposits to form.

On the oil level light, there is a sensor that indicates low oil level, this sensor has likely either become disconnected or has failed.

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
I have my oil and fuel light recently turn on and now stays on. They used to stay on in the morning and then off in the afternoon. This was the summertime also. Now that it is colder out the oil and fuel light stay on constantly no mater it in the morning or night. I have had the oil changed with 5w20. The oil pressure switch was also changed. I did have a muffler leak but that has been fixed. When the lights are on my acceleration suffers. I also checked for oil leaks and there is none. Oil level I checked yesterday and the oil level if full. I also have an engine light on but this is the p1401 air code (dpfte) could this be a more of a cause with the dptfe sensor completely bad now?
You need to hook a mechanical oil pressure gauge up to the engine to determine if the sensor is giving a false low pressure reading or if the oil pressure truly is low.

On the oil level light, there is a sensor that indicates low oil level, this sensor has likely either become disconnected or has failed.
The light is an indicator of oil pressure NOT oil level

1 - 3 of 3 Posts