Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im starting a new thread because its now a different problem. well My check engine light isnt even on but my taurus still runs like crap. It has no power and feels like it either misfiring or its getting different mixtures of air/gas in a couple cylinders or all of them.

I had the engine replaced awhile back. When I got back i could hear a small ticking noise with the engine running. So I took it back and they said the rear exhaust manifold is leaking very slightly. I got it done for cheap so I just left it. But now its really loud.

I also had a problem of it running similar a couple years ago. I took it to the shop and they told me the cats where bad/going bad. He suggested I change all three but I only had 600 so I just did the last on after the Y pipe. It ran fine for about 5000 miles.

If my rear catalyctic converter, the one between the back of the engine and the lower part of the firewall, where to be bad would it cause my symptoms. Also it sounds like I have a rod knock or my exhaust is going bang bang bang bang like a rod knock but maybe more like a ball of metal bouncing around because its an even knock but its random like sometimes its not there and sometimes it is. only while idling.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
check engine light just came on today.

P0302 Cylinder 2 Misfire

Freeze frame data:

Fuel Sys 1 = CL
Fuel Sys 2 = NA
Calc Load% = 72.1
ECT (F) = 170
STFT B1% = -5.4
LTFT B1 % = 14.8
STFT B2% = -2.3
LTFT B2% = 4.6
ENG RPM = 2395
VEH Speed = 37 mph

If someone could help me to determine what these numbers mean and if they are in range of whats right. Also if someone could please help me diagnose why my cylinder two is misfiring. Ive already put a new coil pack on with new wires and new plugs all gapped correctly.

Im gonna take off the plenum or the upper intake and take out the back plugs and look for any signs of them being black, bent or broken. I would also like to check if the wires on on the right cylinders from the coil pack.
Could someone tell me what the correct wire diagram is.

Engine in a 2001 ford taurus ses. came out of a 2000 mercury sable gs.
3.0 v6 dohc Duratec

Thanks a million.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts