Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 ses that I need to replace the driver and passenger door on because of a wreck. We have a u pick junk yard down the road. What years will be a exact bolt on replacement so that all of the door locks and window switches will work.

·
Registered
670 Posts
2000-2007 is the correct body style (4th Generation), but just make sure all the buttons look similar with the junkyard doors as they do in your car.

Take a picture and bring it with you, also take the door off your car and take some pictures of the other things like mounting hole location and bolt size.

I am confident any 2000-2007 door should be exactly the same as long as they have the same options as yours.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the information. I will be geting the doors tomorrow. This is my daughters car and this is the third time see has been ran into. I have replaced the rear bumper skin and taken a dent out of the rear quarter panel once. I replaced the hood and front bumper once. We lucked out and all three driver had insurance. With doing the work ourself we have $3500 in her next car replacement fund. I love these cars.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Of course its nice to get doors that are already the same color but i am sure you know she will have to either live with it or get it all resprayed to match.

How much is the junkyard charging you per door?

Do you have to have them replaced or is it just ugly looking damaged?

All 4 of my doors have damage from being hit while parked over the years, which really irks me. I have tons of damage on my Bull but i have never hit anything, wish i could get myne replaced.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Gen 3 doors will work too...have to be from an 86-07 Taurus sedan...wagons and sables will work up front, but will have chrome window trim, rear sable and wagon doors will not fit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The doors are $200 at u pick. If you remove the inside door panel, mirror and all the power controls you can get them down to $150. The low bid on fixing it in a body shop is $2303. I can paint bumper covers a hoods myself and they have turned out OK. Not perfect but OK for most people. I would like to find doors of the same color. I do not think the doors will be as easy to paint.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
What the heck...I can get a door for under 40 bucks at the Pull-A-Part chain as well as the LKQ Self Serve chain. Where are you located?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts