Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dash light bulb went out and wondering if pretty much the entire dash has to be removed to replace the bulb?

·
Registered
11,188 Posts
Dash light bulb went out and wondering if pretty much the entire dash has to be removed to replace the bulb?
Yes, must remove lots. Pic, first radio/climate out, trim out, then steering trim, switches out. Trim over cluster out. There are 5 bulbs. Replace them all.
Tip: switches just pop out with a screw driver. Unplug with them out. I tie a string on the sockets so I can pull them back through and last thing, plug the switches in and pop back in the panel.
There are two wire plugs in the back of the cluster to remove and put back. Bulbs are easy once the cluster is out.
-chart-

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, must remove lots. Pic, first radio/climate out, trim out, then steering trim, switches out. Trim over cluster out. There are 5 bulbs. Replace them all.
Tip: switches just pop out with a screw driver. Unplug with them out. I tie a string on the sockets so I can pull them back through and last thing, plug the switches in and pop back in the panel.
There are two wire plugs in the back of the cluster to remove and put back. Bulbs are easy once the cluster is out.
-chart-
Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
23,690 Posts
Used to be some write-ups with pics in the forum Topic Finder and/or Wiki if available. Cluster removal much easier with a floor shift. 5-10 mins.

·
Registered
11,188 Posts
Mine went out one-by-one until I decided to change the bulbs.
If all of them go out all at once, the cause is of course not the bulbs themselves but more likely a fuse or the Main Light Switch.
On my '03 wagon bought used at 99K, all the instrument and console lights out. Bulbs black. I found the Alt over charging, up to 15.8V. General rule, for each 5% over volts, lamps loose half their life.
I have had 2 regulators fail on Lincoln Cont. same alt as G-4 DOHC. Also the Sable noted above, I replaced the Alt with NEW!.
Bad cables/grounds can cause over volts as well as bad regulator.
-chart-

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts