Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone!

The Ruski is having a another problem. I have the digital ac control unit that is all one piece with the raido, tape deck, and cabin air temp sensor. On a really hot day, the air conditioner starts blowing really hot air. You cannot turn it off- it blows no matter what. At the same time, the radio malfunctions. You cannot change volume or station, or the radio just won't come on at all. Talked to the dealership a couple of years ago about it and they couldn't figure it out. They called "Ford Engineers" who also had no idea. Now the car is down here in Texas and it is much too hot. We are experiencing this problem daily instead of just a couple of times a year. Thought maybe there was a short somewhere in the ac control unit that freaks out in the heat so I replaced the entire unit hoping to solve the problem. When I took out the old unit and put in the new unit it remembered all my preset radio stations. Weird right? I mean, I just replaced the entire radio unit! So that made me think maybe this wouldn't fix my problem because this ac control and radio seems to have a separate "brain" elsewhere that is causing my problem. Anyone have any ideas? Does anyone else have this problem?

Thanks a ton!

Xaita

·
Super Moderator
8,732 Posts
Run the EATC self test. I forget the sequence of buttons to run the test, but there are instructions on this site.... search.

The radio in in the trunk, on the driver side under the trunk trim, the ICU (integtated control unit) is jsut the control head for the radio and climate controls. Station memory is in the radio in the trunk.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.