Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, a few months ago my Taurus started showing the tranny light on the dash. I checked fluids and all was well. But the light stayed on and I just kept driving it cuz it was shifting fine in all gears. Then one day the light began flashing and I looked it up and it said when it flashes, that indicates it is a urgent issue and to not keep driving. I thought I would not be able to keep driving it but I did for months and never had any problems but light still flashed. Then one day it began acting like thete was just no power, nNOT like the tranny wasn't engaging, but like the fuel filter was clogged or something, so I replaced the filter and it wasn't that. Some days it drove fine others not so much. Once I was up to driving speed it drove fine, but when I stopped and tried to go again, it was like No power again. I could floor the pedal but it hardly moved, but little by little if I only slightly pressed the pedal, it would eventually begin to go. If on an Incline, I was screwed. Could not go at all. Then one day I checked the fuses under the dash and the one labeled tranny solenoid, was burned. I replaced it and just like that, every issue was fixed. No more light no more power issues, nothing. Ran great for almost 6 months, but now, same thing is happening except the fuse isn't burnt this time, so I don't know what the hell????? Any one have similar problems???

·
Registered
17 Posts
Catalytic converter clogged ?

Remove O2 sensor or EGR valve or connections at DPFE sensor to check for excessive exhaust backpresure, no more than 1 or 2 psi at 3,000 RPM, other words easily capped by finger with no exhaust forcing out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts