Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I have a 2001 sable LS premium and I have noticed that it has started to do what I would call a shudder or almost misfire feeling at lower RPMs (500-1500ish) it only does it when in gear. It threw a code p0301=misfire on #1 cylinder. I changed the fuel filter and switched out gas and cleared the code. The code has not returned but the shudder is still there. Any ideas on what I should try next? Plugs wires etc

Thanks

·
Registered
23,577 Posts
Yes, check/replace plugs, wires and coil in that order. Might check condition of pcv hose and valve. Po301 is indicating a misfire in #1 cylinder located on rear firewall bank, passenger side.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Is the eng. a duratec or did they stick a vulcan in the LS premium?
DOHC on all Gen 4 LS Prems.

Go ahead and bang out the job like shelia said. I have a feeling either one of your wires is arcing or maybe the coil pack has some minute cracks in it. Another possibility is water getting down in the spark plug well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info everyone, I was hesitant to change the plugs wires etc since there was not shudder when in park. It only happens when I put it in reverse or drive. Before I drop the cash do you still think that the plugs etc would cause that?

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
So there is a certain RPM it happens? Because in the gears you mentioned, the RPM drops to a lower point than in N and P (idle goes up a tad).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts