Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All the doors lock on our Sable when it begins moving, but when stopping and putting it in park, only the driver's door unlocks. You have to unlock the other doors by hitting the switch. Is there a way to change the door locks so that they all unlock when putting the car in park? My wife keeps complaining about this. Thanks,

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
There isn't an "auto unlock in park" function for all four doors...but both front doors will unlock automatically when you pull the interior handle.

There's no automatic unlock for the back, though.

·
Registered
16 Posts
You can disable the auto-lock feature as follows (from 2001 Taurus owner's manual):

Deactivating/activating autolock
1. Turn the ignition key to RUN, then press the door UNLOCK control
button 3 times.
2. Turn the ignition key to OFF, then press the door UNLOCK control
button 3 times.
3. Turn the ignition key to RUN, within five seconds press the door
UNLOCK control button 1 time.
4. The user should receive a horn chirp to indicate the system has been
altered.
5. Pressing the power door UNLOCK control button again will toggle the
Autolock/Relock states.
6. Turn ignition to OFF to exit.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! I am about to go out and deactivate the auto locking. This is great information. The passenger side may unlock when in park-I think it does. When she gets out of the car to get our son out of the car seat, the back doors are locked. She would rather have it disabled if all of the doors will not unlock when in park.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Sometimes - mine would "hang" in the unlock position - it would keep the dome light on, and the seat belt light on the dash.

I just shot some WD-40 in the latches - took care of the problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts