Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got the starter off and ready to put new one back on. As I was removing nut and positive cable I was going by feel and not sight so I might have missed something. I know the wire on the left goes back on the starter but unsure of wire on the right. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
10,656 Posts
The black wire is ground, it goes under a mounting bolt, the one with threads on both ends. The red wire goes to the solenoid. Note the red one has a shield to keep the hot wire from getting hit with a wrench. Best be sure the ground is off the battery so the hot wire does not come in contact with any grounded thing. With the ground off the battery post, the hot red wire is not HOT.
Best of luck.
-chart-

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The black wire is ground, it goes under a mounting bolt, the one with threads on both ends. The red wire goes to the solenoid. Note the red one has a shield to keep the hot wire from getting hit with a wrench. Best be sure the ground is off the battery so the hot wire does not come in contact with any grounded thing. With the ground off the battery post, the hot red wire is not HOT.
Best of luck.
-chart-
Thank you so much for that

1 - 3 of 3 Posts