Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone, i recently did a transmission flush on my 2001 mercury sable. since then i have been leaking transmission fluid. the problem is this is not a typical leak. sometimes it is a small amount, sometimes it is a large amount. in front of the house i have small puddles & streams of fluid. the other day i when to the store, tried to parellel park & i had fluid everywhere. at lease 5qts of fluid. i filled the transmission back up & drove the car home. the next day i went to work (a good 15 miles home) put the car on the lift & found the pan damp ( not dripping ) just damp. checked fluid, fluid was fine. ( at proper level ) all i find i mitchell on demand is about a vent on the transmission, that could be come cloged. so i printed the tsb, called ford, ordered a new vent, & installed the new vent as per the tsb. a week later i am still seeing small puddles of fluid. there was NOTHING wrong with the transmission until i flushed the transmission. please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
you probably already either got your answer or went to a trans shop but i have a '01 taurus
with a vulcan & ax4s trans & I have similar issues and I'm 95% sure that it's the cooler lines going into the trans. Try some new fittings and you should be good

1 - 2 of 2 Posts