Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am at my wit ends. Need help. Car starts in the morning. No problems. However, after I have driven for a while and turn off the engine, it will not start. It will crank but will not start. No check engine light. Replaced Fuel pump relay. Ihave notice that when i first start the car I hear the fuel pump engage. but once the engine is hot and I try to start it I do not hear the pump engage. Is the fuel pump on its last leg or is it something else.

·
Premium Member
7,306 Posts
If you can't hear the pump that's bad. Have you tried tapping on the tank with a screwdriver handle or a hammer or something?

·
Premium Member
7,306 Posts
Check the wiring to the fuel pump inertia switch and the switch itself. It's in the right rear quarter panel. Pull back the carpeting in the trunk.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have checked the inertia switch it is ok. the push button is still depressed. Someone sugesteda new PCM (Computer). However I dont think it would be the PCM. I think if it was the PCm I would have more problems. Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have a 96 3.0 vulcan with same issue. Starts right up first thing in the morning. After it is warmed up however I have to give a bit of gas to get it started. If you discover solution please post.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am at my wit ends. Need help. Car starts in the morning. No problems. However, after I have driven for a while and turn off the engine, it will not start. It will crank but will not start. No check engine light. Replaced Fuel pump relay. Ihave notice that when i first start the car I hear the fuel pump engage. but once the engine is hot and I try to start it I do not hear the pump engage. Is the fuel pump on its last leg or is it something else.
No check engine light indicate that the PCM is not getting power. Replace PCM relay with either a new one or to test take off one of the adjacent relay and use it. The PCM also controls the fuel pump relay.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts