Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

If you can't tell by my screen name, I am new to this forum and new to ford taurus. I am interest in upgrading the radio and speakers in my 2001 Taurus SES. I need to know if the harness required to fit a new HU has to run all the way to the trunk to reach the radio unit, OR, if when you pull the factory unit out of the dash, is a harness available to connect from the existing wires behind the controls to the wires of a new HU? Also, is it difficult to pull the door panels off and install new speakers? I have a 97 dodge dakota in which I have done all of the above. With a 2001 car, all of the updated electrical junk seems to blow my mind right now as to how to approach a project like this. I appreciate all help offered in this matter.

Thanks,
Dodgecowboy84

·
Premium Member
1,100 Posts
I've done what you're talking about doing... on my 2000 SES and as far as I'm aware, there is no "easy" way to connect a new HU to the harness behind the existing control panel. I'm sure it can be done but the kits I've seen for our cars provide the 17ft wire harness standard, without the option of an alternative connection.

I'm sure you'll get a lot of feedback on this post so don't take my word for it!

L8R!

:chili: OH...and :welcome: to the TCCA! :banana:

·
Registered
94 Posts
im new and I've changed the head unit and all around speakers. Being that I never done this b4 it was pretty easy. You do have to route the antenna and wire harnesses from the back of your car to the head unit which is not hard at all. I can send you the CrutchField MasterSheet so you can see what involves doing. It has very good instructions on how to install headunits and speakers into a Taurus.

PS: I've sent u the instructions to your email

·
Registered
1 Posts
i am in the middle of putting an aftermarket HU into my 2001 Taurus SES and ive gotten everything hooked up and ive even gotten power to my HU but cannot get any sound from the speakers. need any information or manuals that could help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts