Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i am having a few problems with my taurus. we just replaced the valve covers gaskets and replaced the spark plug wires. once we started the car after we replaced these it threw a check engine light and a transmission light. when i pulled the codes it had 9 codes. there was a solinod A, solinod C, O2 bank 1, O2 bank 2, missfire code, and it is also blowing the number 28 fuse, the number 28 fuse controls the HEGO sensor transmission shift solenoid, canister vent, a/c clutch relay, thermactor bypass solenoid. The second I replace this fuse and turn the key to the on postion the fuse blows.

I have also tried unplugging the pcm and disconnected the battery for a few mins. And then plug the pcm back in and connect the battery and replace the fuse, it will run for about 15 miles with no problems. But then ill be at a stop and the transmission light will come on and the car will not go anywhere and it will studder then take back off but it will be jerking. After first gear it seems to smooth out but it will have a misfire.

I have checked the wiring harness from the ecm all the way threw the top of the block and there is no pinched wires or sorted out wires.

we don’t want to pay ford to look at it if it is a simple fix.

Any advice would be great.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Taurus Girl,
A couple of questions. Were you having these problems prior to changing gaskets and plug wires? If not then double check your work. See if you left something unplugged or plugged into the wrong thing. Check sparkplug wire routing and make sure they are snapped onto the plug securely. Check that #28 fuse again, if it is blown disconnect the plug going into your A/C compressor. A bad a/c clutch coil can blow this fuse, which also supplies power to your PCM. Clear your codes and see which one comes back first. When you have a long list of codes, sometimes the earliest fault may cause the others. I am betting on a bad a/c clutch coil.

Ed

·
Registered
697 Posts
That kind of 'TWA' (unexplained trouble went away) would concern me.

Hopefully it is something like a spontaneous clearing of conditions involving the PCM but I would plan on the possibility of it returning.

·
Premium Member
7,050 Posts
I popped that same fuse twice. I had a rubbing o2 sensor wire near the passenger CV axle. It will get you again if it just mysteriously disappeared.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just tried unplugging the compressor and it drop for about 9 miles and then it blew the fuse so we r back to where we started. Anymore help would be great.

·
Premium Member
7,050 Posts
Have you inspected the stuff I already mentioned?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts