Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A month ago I bought a 2001 Ford Taurus at 84,000 MI after having it for a couple weeks I realized that it was still at 84,000 miles so I started monitoring the odometer and seen that the last three digits are moving but the 84 stays at 84 I have my second odometer reset after getting an oil change and it climbed to 7,000 miles yet my original odometer is still at 84,000 for only some of the odometer numbers to change but not the rest thank you so much for your help

·
Registered
417 Posts
I am sorry, don't know how to help but makes you wonder how many miles are really on it? 20 years for 84,000 miles means only 4200 miles per year. Maybe seller should have at least disclosed the odometer issue.

Scott

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am sorry, don't know how to help but makes you wonder how many miles are really on it? 20 years for 84,000 miles means only 4200 miles per year. Maybe seller should have at least disclosed the odometer issue.

Scott
Thanks Scott I agree, what should I do prior to seeing to fix it because this car was only supposed to be temporary.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
The odometers tend to freeze up if the car sits for a long time. My 98 had the same problem. After driving it for a while and frequently pressing the trip counter reset button it started working again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts