Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, All.

May 19, 2019, I purchase the following Rotor/Brake kit from RockAuto.
Power Stop KOE1318
(Do not recall any noise issues when I replaced them)

March 22, 2020.
Had the tires checked for loud rumbling noise coming from the front of the car. The guy showed me a dent in the rim that caused a slight wrap. He said it SHOULD not cause an issue, that he has seen it a lot, just maybe the loss of tire pressure.
He then showed me the inner tie rod end was shot and needed replacing.

March 23, 2020, I purchased a front end kit from Parts Geek. Which included.
Suspension Ball Joint Kit -- 2-
Front Lower Suspension Ball Joint,
1-Front Left Suspension Stabilizer Bar Link,
1-Front Right Suspension Stabilizer Bar Link,
2-Inner Steering Tie Rod End,
2-Outer Steering Tie Rod End
Ball Joint Kit - SKP SKSK00641K

April 10, 2020, I replace the front-end parts (Took a week to get here, and then had to wait for the weather to break, and to get the right tool to remove the inner tie rods, my son learned how to remove and replace the other side as well. So he is ready to do his car.)
(Old inner tie rods are great for using as tools. A jack handle, and other great uses, so keep em, when you get em.) Got the front end aligned the next day.

The car drives a lot smoother and safer, but the loud rumbling noise persists. However, when I press the brake, the steering does shake a little, not bad, but does shake some. And my feet and hands tingle for a while after driving.

I watched a video on checking if the bearings are bad, by turning to the left and right, but I do not hear or feel a difference. And after watching several videos on swapping the bearings out, I HOPE it is not them that is causing the issue.

The rumbling gets so loud at the time; I can hardly hear the radio.
Talking on my cell phone when I get on the highway doing 70, it is hard to hear them due to the noise level.
I found a hose that needed replacement as it was broke.
I replaced it, and the car drives a bit smoother now, but the rumbling noise is still there.

Sound of Rumbling Noise (It is not the best audio, and when it gets really bad, I am not set up to record) So, what could be causing this loud blasted annoying rumbling noise? Is it the
tires
rims
or has the rotor gone bad for some reason or what?

Thanks for any and all responses.
Wayne

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The sound starts as soon as I get going down the road.
About 20, it starts to Rumble.
Exhaust leak does not sound like that.
It is just a low hard rumble.

·
Registered
2017 Ford Taurus
328 Posts
Try moving the front tires to the back and see if the noise moves. I had tires that were bad and that is how I found the problem, only mine were in the back and the noise moved forward.

·
Registered
6,877 Posts
The sound starts as soon as I get going down the road.
About 20, it starts to Rumble.
Exhaust leak does not sound like that.
It is just a low hard rumble.
I am talking small exhaust leak. Does it change in loudness as you turn left and right on the highway? Are your tires cupped on the inner edges?

·
Premium Member
495 Posts
Will the noise decrease or increase in volume when you drive in a parking lot and make right turns then make left turns?
You may have a bad wheel bearing hub assembly, front or rear.

·
Premium Member
495 Posts
Try moving the front tires to the back and see if the noise moves. I had tires that were bad and that is how I found the problem, only mine were in the back and the noise moved forward.
I had a radial pull on my left driver tire, thought the bearing hub assembly was bad.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts