Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I have a 2001 Ford Taurus (Vulcan Engine). This morning after driving on the freeway for about 20 minutes I got into a city area where there were a lot of stoplights. Every time the car was completely stopped or almost stopped (In other words in low RPM) the car would shake back and forth. I also then noted that during this shaking the oil light dim on and off. Can you please help me?

Other useful information:
1. I checked the oil like 5 days ago and it was right in the middle, it does have to be changed though it has like 4200 miles on it.
2. There is a squeaking coming from the engine but it seems to be coming from the passenger side around the belt.
3. This Saturday my car wouldn't start, I fixed it by removing some corrosion that had built up on the negative battery clamp.
4. There are two codes coming from the check engine light, the mechanic told me it was for the EGR and the catalytic converter. These have been on for awhile and the engine was working just fine.

·
Premium Member
5,895 Posts
Get the EGR code looked at. If the EGR is allowing exhaust gases into the intake then you will have a rough idle when stopped, but woudl clear out when the throttle is pressed to open the throttle body. The reason the oil is probably flickering is because of the rough and low idle. Make sure the converters are not plugged.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts