Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning I tried to start it but no dice. Cranked over and wanted to start but seemed like it wasn't getting fuel. The second time the starter wouldn't engage. Once I jumped it it went back to cranking over still seems like its not getting gas. Haven't had a problem until today. Would the fuel pump go out that fast? I turned the ignition on to hear the pump but I did not hear it. Honestly I have never heard it though. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Check to see that your inertial fuel cutoff switch in the trunk has not tripped.

Someone here bumped his by accident when placing stuff into the trunk and could not start his car.

It's under the trunk lining near the right tail light.

When you turn the ignition key, you should hear a hum for about a second. If you don't, this switch may be disabled, a fuse open or the fuel pump relay bad.

Keep your fuel level at least 1/4 tank full. Pump does not like going dry - it overheats and a thermal protection circuit cuts off power until it cools.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much. The cutoff switch was the problem. Would have never known that switch was there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts