Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am at a loss. We recently rebuilt the engine and transmission. The transmission needed rebuilt after the wave spring shattered. I replaced all steels/clutches, torque converter, and pump input shaft. I drove the car down the street after filling the unit and everything shifted well. I parked the car and tried driving It again and now it has no gears. I have tested all solenoids, checked wiring for ohms and resistance, pulled the valve body and checked the pump shaft, and then after all checked out I put it back together. Fluid drops on the dipstick when started. Tested Line pressure and have pressure 250ish psi iirc, tested epc line pressure and have 50ish at idle(should be more iirc). If the car is in the air the car shifts thru all the gears like it should. When I drop it on the ground it will not move at all. There are no codes or strange noises. Im wondering if the converter crapped out or if I installed the wrong one. Low, medium, or high stall? How to know which one is right. I need and appreciate any help, im so freaking lost.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts