Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 2001 wagon with a 3.0 flex fuel that has had starting issues for a while. I had the rotate the key 2 or 3 times to get it to start. Seems worse when warm or damp. I started it this morning as usual and left it run for a few minuets. But when I when out to go to work it wasn't running and I haven't been able to start it since. I believe it has fuel after checking the connection to the fuel rail(there was pressure). I pulled a spark plug and had my wife crank the engine while I held the plug against the engine but no spark. Any thoughts on what to look at for the reason for no spark?

·
Registered
97 Posts
My 99 was acting in a similar fashion - bad crank sensor. Scotty has a YT video on it - easy peasy to replace. However, before throwing parts at it, buy a cheap code reader and see what the codes are.

·
Registered
18 Posts
look in topic at top of page

Comprehensive No-Start Troubleshooting Guide
good luck!
no I mean it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My 99 was acting in a similar fashion - bad crank sensor. Scotty has a YT video on it - easy peasy to replace. However, before throwing parts at it, buy a cheap code reader and see what the codes are.
Thanks I'll check it out. Some research I've done points to the crank sensor.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, after some research I found that others suggested that the crank sensor was probably bad. So I replaced the crank sensor and the car starts and runs better than it has for awhile. when I removed the old sensor it was cracked so bad I'm surprised it ran as long as it did. thanks for all your help.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi, I have a 2001 wagon with a 3.0 flex fuel that has had starting issues for a while. I had the rotate the key 2 or 3 times to get it to start. Seems worse when warm or damp. I started it this morning as usual and left it run for a few minuets. But when I when out to go to work it wasn't running and I haven't been able to start it since. I believe it has fuel after checking the connection to the fuel rail(there was pressure). I pulled a spark plug and had my wife crank the engine while I held the plug against the engine but no spark. Any thoughts on what to look at for the reason for no spark?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts