Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking at some of the older threads about the SCT's for the taurus. Is there a way to program the car for a better burn? I've heard people talking about it but no specifics. I was also wondering if it was a DIY job or a professional type thing.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I've been looking at some of the older threads about the SCT's for the taurus. Is there a way to program the car for a better burn? I've heard people talking about it but no specifics. I was also wondering if it was a DIY job or a professional type thing.
You'll need to find a dealer. You can go to sctflash.com, and there's a link to find a local dealer. It'll be a professional deal, you need the software to tune, and it's not cheap.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Does anyone know if SHOZ123 on here still does tuning? I remember seeing it was about $500~ for the 3 tunes and tuner.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Alright cool. How much is not cheap? And where would I find the software?
SCT Performance 4332 - SCT Advantage III Ford Pro Racer Software - Overview - SummitRacing.com
^ for the software.

SCT Performance 3015 - SCT SF3 Power Flash Programmers - Overview - SummitRacing.com
^ for the tuner.

That will give you full control of YOUR car, and your car only. I'd assume SCT has tricks up their sleeves to get more $$$ from you, like a paid subscription or something. From the conversations I've had with some tuners, SCT likes money.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Torrie @ Fast Parts Network (Ford parts reseller) does the tuning from what I hear.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts