Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Im new to the website, and a new Taurus owner. I have a 2000 Taurus SE with the Vulcan engine. My car has a few odd problems that I would like to find out how to fix. The previous owner had these problems and could figure them out either.

The first one is the door handles. The rear (both) and passenger side door handles will stick. If you go up to the car and open the door, the handle will stay in the open position until you push it back down. The drivers door does not have this problem, and it doesnt seem to have anything to do with cold weather.

The next problem is the heater...it doesnt get very hot. It is adequate for keeping me warm and for defogging the windows, but it is nowhere near as warm as it should be. I can switch the tempurature from cold to hot, and vary the amount of heat that comes in, but it just doesnt get very hot at all. I have heard people say it could be the heater core, and some say that it might be the blend door. If it is the heater core, I have heard that you can flush it...but I dont know how.

The last problem is the steering. It is squeeky. The previous owner says it has been like it since new, and he had it checked by Ford Mechanics who looked at it and replaced some parts, but to no avail. He said he dismissed it, and has never had any problems with it other than the noise. It isnt loud, just annoying. ;)

If anybody has any ideas on what these problems could be, or how to solve them, please let me know. I can also post a Youtube video to show you the problems if it would help.:)

·
Registered
23,355 Posts
Click on the search feature at the top of this page and type in: clinton flush. You might suck the power steering reservoir empty with a turkey baster and replace fluid with mercon v atf (tranny fluid). May also be an outer tie rod end issue.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Click on the search feature at the top of this page and type in: clinton flush. You might suck the power steering reservoir empty with a turkey baster and replace fluid with mercon v atf (tranny fluid). May also be an outer tie rod end issue.
Ok, thanks...I will look that up. As far as the steering squeek, it has been doing it since new, and it hasnt had any problems...so I dont think it is a major issue.

Any idea on the door handles?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts