Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The car sat for about 9 months. Turns over, but doesn't start. We replaced the fuel pump and filter, and the fuel regulator sensor. Those are the 4 codes, I'm not sure where to go from here.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Just pour some gas down the intake, hit the starter and see what happens. If it fires and runs for a few sec you gotta fuel problem; if it still don't fire you gott'a electricical prob.

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
Hi, please put park brake on, try starting the car with transmission in neutral.

OBD II fault code P1800 is commonly defined by Ford as “Transmission Clutch Interlock Safety Switch Circuit Failure”, and is set when the switch that prevents a vehicle from being started while it is in gear, or when a vehicle can be started without depressing the clutch pedal.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, please put park brake on, try starting the car with transmission in neutral.

OBD II fault code P1800 is commonly defined by Ford as “Transmission Clutch Interlock Safety Switch Circuit Failure”, and is set when the switch that prevents a vehicle from being started while it is in gear, or when a vehicle can be started without depressing the clutch pedal.
Thanks for responding. The car is an automatic, so I don't think this will work. I'm focusing on the P0014 and P0022 codes, as these seem related.

·
Super Moderator
8,110 Posts
I am assuming you have a Duratec??????

The 0014 and 0022 dont make any sense on a 2000 as both codes seem to refer to VCT which your car doesnt have. I suppose it is possible (again assuming you have a Duratec) that one of the cam drive chains has jumped a link or 2, but with that said I have personally never heard of a cam chain or cam timing issue on a non VVT Duratec.

The C1300 is a circuit issue with the ABS pump motor. I assume the yellow ABS light is on?

·
Registered
6,917 Posts
A spray of starting fluid into the snorkel and trying to start it will give some indication if you are getting spark. You need air fuel and spark to fire up so if one is missing they that's the issue. Try slightly press throttle and starting it to make sure you are getting air. If cams are not sync'ed then that could affect compression and be an air issue.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am assuming you have a Duratec??????

The 0014 and 0022 dont make any sense on a 2000 as both codes seem to refer to VCT which your car doesnt have. I suppose it is possible (again assuming you have a Duratec) that one of the cam drive chains has jumped a link or 2, but with that said I have personally never heard of a cam chain or cam timing issue on a non VVT Duratec.

The C1300 is a circuit issue with the ABS pump motor. I assume the yellow ABS light is on?
Yes it is a Duratec. I did spend quite a bit of time looking for a VCT, and never found it. No, the ABS light is not on.
It sat for too long, when we started it, it ran for about 10-15 seconds before a lot of white smoke came out, it sputtered and died. We replaced the fuel filter, fuel pump and fuel pressure sensor. Now it turns over and sputters,with the gas peddle down all the way, but then it dies almost immediately.
This weekend also found code P0200.

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
Common Symptoms
Depending on the severity of the condition, symptoms may vary from one vehicle to another. The staple symptom, of course, is the illumination of the Check Engine light. The most common tell-tale sign however, is that the vehicle runs in a poor condition, misfires or not run at all. Also, the vehicle may experience lean or rich engine condition caused by a damaged fuel injector circuit, which also leads to excessive fuel consumption. Some of the most common symptoms of this code include:

Engine start and stalls or not start at all
Engine misfires at idle or at highway speed
Comes with cylinder misfire codes

Definition
Error Code P0200 means the PCM (powertrain control module, also known as ECM or engine control module) has detected a malfunction in the fuel injector circuit. As its name suggest, the fuel injector circuit injects fuel and dictates how much fuel and when to inject it, as determined by the PCM. This error code means the sensor’s performance is out of range for either the voltage or the injector circuit’s resistance. The PCM will trigger the engine’s failsafe mode, preventing further risk of damage. It will remain until the error is fixed or until normal readings come back.

Copy and paste from the internet. Input your code in your search engine and lots to read about.
-chart-

·
Registered
121 Posts
Did it perhaps sit for a long time because it broke down, like terminally? White 'smoke' from the exhaust can be a sign of a blown head gasket (water getting into combustion chambers).
Pull the plugs and see what they look like. Do a compression check. Get the test kit to test for combustion gases in the coolant.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It was actually a commuter car before it sat for about 9 months. I had no troubles with it before I parked it. I'll see about doing a compression check, I was also thinking of making sure all the vacuum hoses were good.

·
Registered
123 Posts
long term parked cars are a rodents playground It has been said they actually enjoy nibbling on wiring particulary if they get a little charge through their teeth...There are many miles of wiring on a vehicle...nibbling in certain spots will cause all types of electrical issues...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts