Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
3 weeks ago my father had a water pump leak, it was replaced, a week later the hose that runs from the thermostat to the firewall blew (it seems that plastic tubing that they used to connect the two piece hose set their cracked and busted off so it was replaced with one hose, then it started leaking again...from the heater core, we just replaced the heater core adn now its leaking bad from what looks like a drain in teh firwall just below the thermostat heater hose.

Does anyone have a clue as to why the water is coming out of there?

Also, I am new here so hello!

·
Super Moderator
8,631 Posts
That "hole" is the AC condensate drain. Is it leaking WATER (which is what you stated in your post) or is it leaking COOLANT? Coolant = leaking core, water = normal is AC is running.

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
That means there is a hole in your new heater core. There is no other explanation besides that. There should be NO coolant coming out of that hole with a good heater core.

·
Super Moderator
8,631 Posts
I always pressure test a new core with 20psi air in a tub if water before installation to look for leaks. Easier than pulling the new one that leaks. Was the replacement core a Motorcraft or cheap discount parts store junk?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts