Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I have a 2000 taurus thats running really rough and spitting alot of liquid out the tail pipie.Its 24 valve DOHC Iv done lots of things to try to resolve the problem and IM at a impass. I will list the things that iv done.I got a code for a bad a egr vacume solonid so I replaced it.Didnt fix the problem.I changed the plugs,checked the coils for spark,cleaned the throttle body,cheacked for vacume leaks,cleaned the iac,cheaked out the pvc.there is is another thing the oil light flickers.Would that have somthing to do with the problem.Iv herd that means a oil pump problem I hope not.Its not throwing out any codes so I dont no whats going on with it.I love my taurus but this problem is driving me nuts. :(

·
Super Moderator
8,623 Posts
What was the exact code you had?

Oil light could be low pressure or just a failing pressure switch. First thing I would do is replace the OP switch and see if the problem goes away. Cheap and relatively easy. If that doesnt fix the problem, put a known accurate mechanical OP gauge on it and see what pressure is. Duratec engines are not known for oil pressure problems.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (Jeff K @ May 28 2010, 08:50 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=807532
What was the exact code you had?

Oil light could be low pressure or just a failing pressure switch. First thing I would do is replace the OP switch and see if the problem goes away. Cheap and relatively easy. If that doesnt fix the problem, put a known accurate mechanical OP gauge on it and see what pressure is. Duratec engines are not known for oil pressure problems.[/b]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts