Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm having issues with my alarm. A few days ago my keypad stopped working so I have been manually locking and unlocking my car without issue. I tried changing the battery in it with no luck. Well tonight I went to leave the house and stuck my key in the door and opened it and the alarm started going off. Of course with my keypad not working I could not get it to stop but I have no idea why it was armed since obviously I haven't been able to do it. I popped the hood and unhooked the car battery to get it to stop. I need to go to work tomorrow and I need to know if there is a way I can disarm the alarm, or bypass it or something! Hooking the battery back up causes the alarm to go off again. Please help!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
UPDATE: Ok so I stuck my key in and turned the car on and it stopped. I didn't try this the first time because of my previous experiences with car alarms. Now my question is how did it arm itself after multiple days of my keypad not working?

·
Premium Member
7,537 Posts
The alarm is armed anytime an electronic lock button is pushed (remote fob, door switch, or right two buttons on keypad). If you manually unlock the door and open it, it doesn't know the difference between your key and someone forcing the door open with a slim jim.

To disarm it if it's honking, enter your unlock code (not working), push the unlock button on your remote, or put the key in the ignition and turn it on as you found out.

If you want to manually use your key, when you get out of your car you will have to push unlock and then manually go around and push all the lock plungers down. I'm not sure if the system will re-arm if you just get out the drivers door and push the plunger down (the other doors would say locked and potentially armed). There might also be some sort of 10 minute delay in there or something before it arms again or something.

I've had it where I manually unlock a door and had the alarm go off when I come back later. I think that has to do with 10 minute delay or whatever.

If you car has the keypad, don't you have a remote (keyless entry)?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Normally, you would insert the key in
the drivers door, turn left, then right
to disarm and reset it. If yours is malfunctioning,
you can disable it for good by doing the following:

The FACTORY ALARM DISARM WIRE IS
pink/white |- |in the 26 pin plug at GEM.
The GEM module is to the left of the
steering column.

Once Located, splice into this wire with
a simular guage wire, and put it to
a solid chassis ground. This terminates
the alarm functions entirely.

However, at this point, this car would be exceedingly
easy to steel, so I suggest you get an aftermarket
alarm system to protect it from here on in.

Have a good day.

ALARMTEK
CARALARMSTORE.com

1 - 4 of 4 Posts